My latest photos on flickr

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Musica Gem (another)

Title: Schism
Artist: Tool
Lyrics: Tool
The rhythm is very different, pausing ever couple of words and allowing the song to be quite appealing.

Here is my favourite piece of the lyrics:

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the the math enough to know the dangers of a second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion

between supposed lovers
between supposed brothers.

And I know the pieces fit.



PS:Had a really hard time finding lyrics as the mp3 claimed the band to be Newage and title to be Don't Desire.

1 comment:

Clickr said...

Thanks for dropping by.
Can't say much about Tool since I haven't heard them a lot. But, Schism is really a gem with some neat percussion and good vocals. Although (expected) the guitar solo is missing they make up for it by the psychedelic bit at the end. All in all 4.5/5 . What say?